Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I hate to wait

Things at StanChart are proceeding at such a snail's pace that I am getting increasingly irritated. After I found out I was accepted eons ago, HR only called me up last Thursday (which is one week and two days after my final interview) to meet up yesterday to look through my contract and all the nitty gritty details.

Yesterday didn't start off well. I left the house at 9am for a 10am appointment with StanChart at Plaza By The Park. And the stupid bus two double-decked buses had to come a good old 35 minutes later. This is really the ultimate. The time isn't exactly off peak is it? 9am is still relatively early in the morning right? And the strangest thing was, I kept seeing many buses of the same service number stopping at the bus stop opposite. (This service goes on a loop journey. So buses that stop at the bus stop I was waiting at would eventually stop at the bus stop opposite.)

If there were so many buses stopping opposite at such regular intervals, why didn't anyone of them stop at the stop I was stupidly and impatiently waiting at??!!

Of course, I had to call the person in charge and tell her I was going to be late. So paiseh! And she told me to arrive as early as possible because she had another appointment at 11am. Damn SBS! This isn't the first time!

Anyway, back to the job. The contract terms seem pretty good. Annual salary was within my expectations and the thing that really got my attention was the amount of leave I am entitled to.

I get 25 days of leave per year! Besides the condition where I can't take leave for the first 6 months, I am entitled to this obscene amount after the period, regardless of my length of service.

I don't really know the norm in Singapore, but my guess is 21 days? And that is only if one has worked a certain duration before one is entitled to that amount.

I am so lucky!

Of course, there has to be a downside to a seemingly good offer. I have to start studying again. I need to take 4 modules of the CMFAS exams and pass them within two months.

I have already registered for two modules where exams are scheduled for the 11th and 18th of next month. There goes my goal of aiming to start work by 15th August. :-(

And the course material is horrendous! The guide for Module 5 on the rules and regulations is over 200 pages and filled with lines and lines of words. Goodness.. How the hell am I going to finish memorizing looking through every single page? *Faint*

I am targeting a end August/early September start date because I don't want to lose out on the year-end bonus that is not available to staff working less than 3 months with the bank!

Praying hard.

Update: My manager just called me and she's putting me in the training class that starts 15th Aug! Yay! I would need to inform the person in charge of the training on the day I have a paper. Sigh.. This also means I will have lesser time to study... *Keeping my fingers crossed*

1 comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

hey gal, finally saw ur blog liao!! hahaa.. think hav to spend a lot of time reading ur past entries!! till we meet again, do take care ok!!! *huggzz* =)
-shunmei

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home