Monday, February 28, 2005

Grandma was off to the old folks' home for her routine "voulnteer session" yesterday. She always goes to teach the old folks how to do all kinds of craftwork. Shall post some pics of her craft soon.

Dr Yaacob Ibrahim (some minister) came to visit yesterday and my dear Grandma had the honour to teach Dr Yaacob her craft! Wow! I haven't been on the papers before; neither have any of my family members! She's the first!

Below are some pics from the local papers. The main text isn't important. Talks about water conservation in recent dry weather. Nothing to do with the pic!

Grandma teaching Dr Yaacob Ibrahim how to thread beads.
Lianhe Wanbao 27th February 2005, Sunday.


Grandma looks so funny with her mouth wide open! Dr Yaacob is elated for what-seems-to-most-of us a HUGE achievement!
Xinmin Daily 27th February 2005, Sunday


After Grandma's mini brush with fame this time, all I can say is

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU GRANDMA!

You know, not many people can do the craft she does.. even for people half her age! I, for one, can't! My hands are like legs and I have utterly zero patience!

Our whole house is filled with her works. From lanterns to all kinds of beaded ornaments, handphone accesories and keychains. Little puppies, turtles, pigs, goldfish, elephants, Hello Kitties, rabbits, snakes, pumpkins etc. etc. You name it, she probably has done it!

Most relatives who come to my place, especially during Chinese New Year swoon and are in awe of my Grandma's skills! And mind you, she only picked this up just this few years! So I am truly amazed at her capabilities!

I never ask her to teach me because I know I would be such an utter failure hahaha! I am more than satisfied to get her to make them for me! Heehee! My handphone accessory is from her hands!

To digress, rain has finally descended on the shores of Singapore! Hallejuah! Although it was still blistering hot this afternoon, it is raining heavily now! Thank God for the showers of blessing! They would definitely provide some reprieve for the dried grass patches on the pavements!

zzz

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home