Sunday, August 27, 2006

Nothing is the same again

1 year on in my new job, everything has changed.

There were at least twenty of us in the same training batch and there are just less than five of us now.

I moaned and groaned about how the job sucked and how I hated the long hours from the first day since I joined the branch and I am still here (and still hate the job). But I somehow manage to pass by quarter after quarter getting commission for hitting my targets.

The bank delays the commission payout by 2 months to discourage resignation. For example, if the quarter ends in June, the payout comes in August. I always tell myself, ok one more quarter and out I go and I won't perform in the two months leading to the payout. But I always find myself saying... it has past two months already, let's just stay one more quarter to try things out. And the vicious cycle repeats itself.

I also think I have been very fortunate. My branch location is good; the customer base is good and most of my colleagues are nice. That's another reason why I am still here.

But things are soon going to change. 2 of them have already left the bank (and I am pretty close to one of them), one more is going to be transferred to international banking in October and 3 more (which includes my boss) are going to the new branch at Vivo City in October. I am happy my boss is leaving; which was why I declined her offer to join her at the new branch. But I am pretty upset the other two are leaving. They have given my so much support over the one year that I really am going to miss them.

And one more is going for maternity leave soon which pretty much leaves me with no more close kakis... But I always think: I might not even be there by then so it is not a problem. But who knows such things, really?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home