Saturday, August 20, 2005

I. Have. No. Life.

Been a week since my first day at work. I'm so tired. And I haven't even gone to my branch to start the real work, because I am still stuck in training. A horrible six-week training with an assessment at the end of every lesson that requires a minimum passing rate of 80%. To "sweeten the deal", I have to pass the external CMFAS exams as well, with a minimum 70% pass rate. And if I don't fulfil any of the requirements, I would be stuck in Direct Banking (DB) until I clear EVERYTHING!

DB = telesales cum handling enquiries cum receiving complain calls cum round-the-clock working hours = No selling opportunities at branch = no revenue points = NO COMMISSION!

Why is the company so strict? It is not as if I will remember everything for as long as I am in the bank. Anyway, isn't there a very comprehensive database for us to refer to when we are in doubt? In fact, I got all the more confused after all the assessments so far.

Anyway, I am glad everything is on track now. I have passed Module 5 and 1B so far and only HI and Module 9 is left. I was so proud of myself for passing 1B on my first attempt because this module is apparently a tough one, with a 30-40% pass rate. Oh well, better not get too distracted by the "achievement". There are two more to go.

And the assessments? They are killing me. Hardly anyone can finish reading through all the notes in the few minutes we have after the end of each lesson, before the assessment to guarantee an 80% pass rate. Since all of us are in the same predicament, we "cooperate and help each other out". Even the trainers have "closed two eyes" about it.

This is the only way to make sure we do not need to stay in DB. We have no choice. To make matters worse, there are no second chances. We have to pass the assessments in one shot or join the next batch of newbies for training. But please rest assured that such acts will not compromise the competence of the financial consultants and relationship managers. It is merely bending around the rules a little.

I am tired.

1 comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

hey girl,

your problems are why i don't want to work with a bank. =P

anyhow, congratulations on passing 1B. all the best in the coming assessments. jiayou! =)

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home