Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Results

It was doomsday at 1900 hrs yesterday, 31st May 2005. The release of my last results at NUS to put a temporary end to my academic pursuits.

Instead of using the phone to check my results, I used the Internet this time. I never really liked having to listen to the recorded female voice slowly pronouncing and articulating every single syllable.

At least I get to see all my results at one shot, irregardless of whether it was good or disastrous.

I always get mini panic attacks right before I am due to collect a test paper, exam script or results. I don't know if this happens to anyone. But my confidence that I might do well for a particular subject will take a drastic nosedive just before the results will be out. I would be thinking things like I didn't answer a question right or adequately enough or I should have participated more in class discussions blah blah blah...

Switched on my computer at 7.01pm.

Directed my browser to this page.




The page loads.

As I took a deep breath and braced myself to see a couple of Bs and hopefully no Cs, the browser brought me to this page:



Congratulations on your graduation! We will be printing your degree scroll soon.

1. If you have officially changed your name, please bring your original supporting documents to the Registrar’s Office for verification by the stipulated deadlines. Further details can be found at Degree Scrolls Link.
2. Please also access the online verification system at Student e-Services Link to check and confirm your particulars,
  especially your Official Name, Family Name and Given Name.

Please note that these details are essential for the printing of your degree scroll.





[Home]

WTF! Yes, I know I am graduating and I am absolutely sure that my personal details are right. Even then, can't I check my results first???!!!

Panic.

Click "Proceed".

My overall CAP is a not-to-be-proud-of 3.42. Heck! At least I increased the figure.

A surprise and little disappointment. No 'A's but all 'B's. No 'C's! Investment Analysis B+!!!

Yes! I was not expecting to get an 'A' but I really really thought the subject would be at most a definite 'B-'!

B+?? I am eternally grateful!

And for the fun of listening to the female voice on the recording one last time, I called NUSPHONE.

This time all my panic was gone and in fact, I even called it a few more times after the first call! Hahaha!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home