Saturday, June 04, 2005

That.. was a surprise.

That piece of news crossed my mind again these past few days.

He's no longer attached. I think.

And I tell you, the level of surprise and shock is definitely no less than what I experienced when I heard that piece of news.

But I don't think I felt that upset or regretful than the first time. I seemed to have drifted further away from him since that piece of news. I didn't have the guts to face him, in case I gave myself away. And, I don't think it would be appropriate to get all chummy with him, especially since his "status" was now different.

And so, I went round first by immersing myself in agony and regret and confiding in my close friend about the news, before, at long last, (I think) I am finally over him, and can hopefully, get back to how we were in the past.

I know I haven't gotten over him. Because when the whole group of us meet up, I worry about feeling uncomfortable when he talks about his gf, or worse, even bring her along. In fact, I had even envisioned her sitting beside him, behaving all lovey dovey. I don't think I would have been able to take it if it really happened.

The first clues came from his MSN nicks. Initially, they were all about love, missing someone etc. I did not think much about it, because I know him to be a rather emotional person.

Then there came this nick about wanting to win someone back. I sort of guessed it.

Even before our latest KTV gathering, I was still worried about whether he would bring her along. Obviously, he did not.

Then came the all-important Friendster verification.

His status? Single.

It was here that I felt my suspicions were probably 80% confirmed. It was just like how his status was quickly changed to reflect his new "status" after that piece of news.

Then, W called to chat about 2 days after our results release. He talked about him.

I don't know why. W asked me how things were between him and his gf. How would I know?

I guess W had some inkling about the whole thing, especially in their typical guy-to-guy talk. Either that, or W heard it from the rumour mill.

It seems the gf left because she was having insecurities with him being so close with his female friends.

Truth or pure speculation? I'm not sure. But I know this isn't some kind of "golden opportunity" for me to take action (i.e. confess) because if I had the courage, things probably wouldn't have come to this state. So the most appropriate action now? Remain status quo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home