Monday, December 06, 2004

Aimlessly passing each day

Ok. Thursday came and past like that. Sigh.. it is scary how time passes like that. Always telling myself to adopt the "carpe diem" spirit, to seize the day. Bleah! Especially now, I am just aimlessly passing each day of the holidays.

So often I have thought: If only we could return to the past. Then I would be able to change so many things. Studying harder, avoiding committing the stupid mistakes I made in the past which I ended up regretting doing so, being more aware of people, etc.. Or plainly wondering, what would have happened if I did or didn't do this?

Time waits for no man. What is past is past. Sounds so cliche but it's so true. The contradictory part of me will think: Well, if I didn't do what I did in the past, I wouldn't be where I am now. There are just too many permutations that would occur. How would I know that even if I had the ability to change what I did in the past, I would be happier than where I am now? So the key is to be contented with the present. I am learning to look into the future, instead of dwelling in the past and what-ifs. The past should only serve to be good(or bad) memories to be permanently etched in one's mind. It's good to bring them up once in a while to reminisce about, but that should be about all.

On a happier note, I might finally be able to catch Bridget Jones! Yay! With him. We were chatting last night and he told me his friend (a girl) and her three friends (all guys) found the show good. In the beginning, I was resigned to either watching the show with the girls or wait for the VCD to be released. Later, he said he didn't mind watching the movie if someone treated him. Of course I didn't mind. I would be so happy just to be able to watch a movie with him!

Turns out he was joking about me treating him. He said he would pay for his own share! Haha! Granting that everything goes well, we should be watching the movie on Thursday. *keeping my fingers crossed*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home