Monday, June 20, 2005

I feel like a telephone operator today

It is only 3.22 pm now but it seems as if one whole day has past, because of the flurry of activities that came my way since 9am.

I am facing yet another dilemma.

Firstly, I was scheduled for an interview with Recruit Express for the position of recruitment consultant today at 4pm. I postponed that interview to tomorrow because the Exel people called. (See below.)

The position with Exel was an internship position D recommended. The HR person told me to come down for an interview at 12.30pm, all the way at ulu Changi, near the Air Freight Terminal. *&%$@#**^% That is a bloddy ulu pandan place lah! I had to take a 25 minute bus journey to Pasir Ris MRT Station and transfer to a cab. How troublesome!

And on my bus journey, another lady from Recruit Express called and had a position as Claims Officer in an insurance company for me. I want I want! Much more than the recrutiment consultant position! Because I don't like the "sales" aspect of the job. But I told the lady I would go for the interview for RC first before giving her an answer. But I so want this job! I just can't bear to cancel on the RC position! :(

Alright, back to Exel. I transfered to a cab and it cost me 7 bucks! True to my belief, the place looks totally detached from civilisation. I don't mind working to gain the experience, but the interviewers seemed concerned that my ideal job would be in finance and that I was on the lookout for perm jobs. With regards to the first concern: Yes, Exel is a logistics firm, but surely the company needs employees other than those with a logistics background? Ridiculous! Besides, D told me the nature of this position was not entirely to do with logistics! As for the second concern, I was told initially I had to commit one month, that's all. But I was told a different thing just now: I had to commit at least one month, and maybe slightly longer until they found a permanent replacement. So, of course they had apprehensions of whether I could commit myself.

And as I left the place, I had a missed call from an unfamilar number. It was some recruitment agency, which I don't remember sending my CV to. This lady had a 2-month data entry assignment for me at NKF that pays $5.50/hr after CPF, which is much better than the $600/month I would receive if I chose Exel.

Besides, the NKF building is at Toa Payoh, which is so much better than 81, Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (aka Exel)! Bleah!

I am seriously considering the NKF offer because the added benefit of that is the no-commitment clause. I only need to give one week's notice if I do intend to quit.

Then, I just received an SMS from S, inviting me to join her at Tioman for three days next week. I want! But what if I get a job, temp or perm? I am giving her an answer tomorrow, but I think it would be a 'no'.

Here comes my dilemma. What if Exel wants me (NKF hasn't replied yet) and given that I am not exactly keen on the job, I reject their offer and wait patiently for NKF. But it turns out that NKF also doesn't want me! And at the same time, I get rejected for the perm positions as well. That would be real tragic! And I would be back to square one again! I really want the NKF job, of course not forgetting the "claims officer" one. I can only hope now that NKF would call me first.

I hate the situation now! So many uncertainties!

1 comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

hey girl!

i really like your website! think you write well and the content is interesting.

don't think we know each other personally. i'm chubblez and i'm from bizad too. think i've seen you around school. heh.

just thought i'd say hi.

and all the best in your job search. =)

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home