Thursday, June 16, 2005

Green tea everywhere

I dunno if this is a current trend or I am already too late in observing this trend. But there's green tea everywhere!

First, it started off with the very plain, in taste and looks, old-fashioned green tea.



Then marketers got a little smarter, and decided to market the plain old green tea as a "cool" drink. Add in jasmine and you get:


My all-time favourite drink! Pokka also decided to come up with Peppermint Green Tea, which I think it's a totally bad move! Yucks!

And after judging the popularity of the green tea, companies went berserk and introduced all kinds of green tea products due to its medical benefits, ranging from lowering the risk of heart disease, lowering chlorestrol, prevention of cancer, promotion of weight loss, and of course beauty remedies.

Speaking of beauty remedies, several companies like Ginvera have even devoted whole ranges to include Green Tea.

Some examples...


Step 1: Cleanser Step 2: Toner Step 3: Moisturizer

And to refine the beauty regime, they also introduced

The Green Tea Mask.

Ginvera also has a range for the body.

Body Lotion

Shower Gel

Their claimed benefits range from "removal of dead cells", "revitalization of skin cells to lighten age spots and freckles", "anti-oxidant effects", "prevention of prickly heat, skin rashes and dryness" etc.

This is still OK. I like green tea. They smell good. In fact, I am using this shower gel now:


Shokubutsu Green Tea Shower Gel. And I love it!

But things seem to have gotten a little far off with Darlie's introduction of their Tea Care toothpaste:



Like every other naive consumer, I tried it out of novelty. Green tea mah. I like all things green tea. So this should be good!

Boy was I wrong! It tastes ultra sweet, not like toothpaste at all, and like my sister commented, it felt like eating sweetened tea leaves! Pui!

Of course, green tea still has its redeeming points. A googling session brought up these finds:

Green Tea Capsules, although I don't know what this is good for.

Elizabeth Arden Green Tea perfume. Bought this on the plane. Just the scent I like. Fresh, sweet, light.

Bvlgari Green Tea Perfume


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Green Tea Ice-cream!

And... green tea pocky! WHY DON"T THEY HAVE THIS IN SINGAPORE??!!!

That's what I have found so far. Don't be surprised to see more innovative green tea products like green tea facial tissue??! Okay, I am not very creative... But really, the green tea fad is still on!


1 comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

Wow, What a Great Site, All of the Health Related Posts Are So Informative for People Under Review. I Liked It! I Also Have a Blog/site About That Covers Simple Herbal Related Stuff. Please Feel Free to Visit. Thanks for Sharing.
Get Fast Way to Burn Fat Faster>>> Green Tea Capsules
All People Want to Lose Weight Quickly but How>>> Garcinia Cambogia

Keep Posting:)

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home