Saturday, September 17, 2005

Memories

Next week is the last week of the six-week "intensive training" that all of us has to go through.

The honeymoon period is really coming to an end.

All the new friends I have made are a wonderful bunch of people, and instead of dragging my feet to work, I began to look forward to each new work day. The bonds are made all the more tighter because all of us have gone through the horror of Wealth Management, and the ultimate killer: a six-day intensive Mortgage training program.

We gave each other the encouragement and tips that were so essential to helping us pass the CMFAS exams.

In between the monotony of all this training and stress, we had the pleasure of one-and-a-half hour lunches plus morning and afternoon breaks, thrown in with good albeit a little too oily finger food.

I am so going to miss Plaza by the Park and the people on the 10th floor - OL and HR dept. I will miss the long lunches the whole group of us had - Crispy wanton mee and authentic Indonesian food at Parklane Centre Shopping Mall, various food at the Paradiz Centre food court, Sushi Don and Pickles at Hotel Rendezvous, Ajisen at Plaza Singapura, also wanton mee at Sunshine Plaza, where I am, according to my colleagues, the owner. And that small little dessert store at Peace Centre which serves really yummy and creamy mango sago. "Waterloo" - the eating place along Waterloo street and Kopitiam - right on the ground level of PBTP deserve some mention as well, although these are the last resort we would ever turn to (read: only if it is raining or we have to pia CMFAS).

Thank God most of us made it through all the internal assessments in one piece. Now I just hope everyone passes their M1 and M6 exams asap, by spending the least possible time in DB so we can start going to branches and earn big bucks!

Yesterday's lunch was one of the best ever - nearly three hours! Parklane wanton mee followed by "insightful" conversations over good chocolate fondue, cheesecakes and mudpies at Coffee Club Xpress.

And one last thing. Although I don't think I will use this name, I will miss the manner in which you all address me as Sunshine Baby Pan. ;)

It's the "last leg" next week. I pray all of us would pass the PFC Proficiency test with flying colours although I think some cooperation from everyone divine intervention might be required given my personal progress :(

Jiawen Terelle Aity Alice Sylvia Annie Rieky Kelvin Lex Joey Janice Marc Donny Rizal Steve Shawn Wendy Pearl Valerie Vinson Jen Elizabeth Daryl Juwei Bernard Hazel Carol Norman Felicia ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home