Thursday, August 25, 2005

Multiphobic Phobia

Today was great. Training ended at 4.30pm coz FinIQ training had to be postponed due to boot failure of the bank's system. Which means I have more time to study my Health Insurance exam, which according to my colleagues, is quite a killer as well, and... of course, time to blog as well! Boy! I miss the times when I could spend all my time updating nearly everyday with mundane stuff or browsing blogs because I had SO MUCH free time..

Anyway, I found an article that listed all the different phobias from The Straits' Times "Mind Your Body" on Wednesday interesting. And going through the list, I found I had quite a few "phobias" as well.

1. Achluophobia: Fear of darkness.

Yes, I think I do, especially after watching movies like "Shutter" and "The Ring".

2. Agliophobia: Fear of pain.

I don't think I have a extremely high pain threshold. That's why I cringe when the doctor removed wanted to remove my stitches (i.e. he hasn't removed them yet.). But the prickling feel from plucking of eyebrows is still bearable lah ;p There is a price to pay for vanity...

3. Didaskaleinophobia: Fear of going to school.

Wah! I didn't know there are people who fear going to school that much. For 15 years, I have had the same fear. Now, I only have "work-phobia".

4. Enochlophobia: Fear of crowds.

Make that hating crowds. Especially among others, selfish commuters who stubbornly refuse to move aside when others want to board/alight the MRT or bus.

5. Latrophobia: Fear of going to the doctor.

Because it means additional expense, anxiety or fear of knowing I have contracted some illness or require immediate surgery. The latter seems to have become a norm.

6. Ophidiophobia: Fear of snakes.

They are disgusting creatures. Their slimy feel and evil-looking features just turn me off and scares the hell out of me. They should just be eradicated forever. Period.

7. Thantophobia: Fear of death or dying.

It is more like I have the fear of losing people close to me. It is a terrible thought.

N.B. Phobia: A persistent, excessive, unrealistic fear of an object, animal or situation. A type of anxiety disorder that affects people from all walks of life. -- reported by Judith Tan.

I don't think I fit into the definition stated above for any of the phobias I listed. No offence to anyone; this entry is for pure fun and obviously, conjured out of bohliao-ness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home