Tuesday, December 21, 2004

... How should I start this entry? I've actually got quite a bit to update.

Well, I was wrong to be in such a depressed mood in my last entry. All the crap about a boring week ahead. I won't say exactly that this is not entirely true. But today's gathering was totally out of the blue. Maybe because I am used to gatherings that are planned way in advance, complete with the where, what and when details.

I was on MSN chat with him on Sunday night, erm, well early Monday morning. And he asked me for a mahjong session on Tuesday. I was pretty excited, as usual. Because W asked me out for a movie on the same day and I was actually not really looking forward to it. Well, we could always go for the movie after the game!

Chatted with him last night also, mainly to ask him about today. I need details! I can't stand anything hanging in the air, with so many uncertainties still unsettled. And he told me his right eye was swollen. Turns out he has a small boil. I scolded him for still arranging mahjong when his eye was in such a condition!

Anyway, we had some sort of a marathon mahjong session today. Met W at Bishan around 11.15 today. Ka Weng also joined us.

Reached his place around 11.40. His eye was pretty swollen, but not as red as I thought it would be.

Played till around 2pm, then went for lunch. Continued around 3pm till 6.30pm. You do the math. Was so exhausted after everything, and I turned W down for the movie, coz I was so tired! My back and butt were feeling so sore! Also, the people at home gave me a couple of missed calls... Always happens when I'm out! I'm so sick of it!

Overall, I would say I enjoyed myself, although I lost miserably! But I learnt a couple of new skills at the same time! Now I have a much clearer understanding of how the game is played, especially the counting of "tai". I was a total idiot before this!

Been reading Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, and came across this word: Mentionitis. This was conjured up by the author, Helen Fielding. It's like an "illness". A typical "sufferer" would keep mentioning a person's name and it is usually done subconsciously, but so much can be implied from his actions. The sufferer could be thinking a lot about the person in question. I would say I am a typical "sufferer" but I would have to learn to cut down on it coz my intentions might get too obvious for other people! I have experienced it so many times; just when I want to say someone's name (well, mostly him lah), I shut myself up quickly. It's quite tiring sometimes, not being able to speak at your own will.

I was quite upset today coz I just felt he was talking to Ka Weng, a bit excessively, about Melissa. She's a Year One student from Bizad too. Come to think of it, I was probably too sensitive coz it was only during lunch! Hahaha!

Dunno what to say. Just so typical me!

Ciao

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home