Tuesday, November 01, 2005

What a whole load of crap

I love my holidays!

Resolved the day before that I would make full use of the Deepavali holiday today by sleeping real late the night before and waking up bright and early this morning.

Of course this is a tough compromise to make and I ended up waking up after much of the morning had passed. So much for making use of the holiday...

Need to draft another appeal letter for my Dad's summons again. He got a summons for parking against the double yellow line. Time of the summons: 3.52 am. He had come home around 1 am and there were no empty lots then. Did the authorities expect him to stay awake until 3 am and park the next available lot? And so I shot an email to HDB to appeal for a waiver of the summons. It got rejected.

Reason? HDB had waived off the fine on previous similar occasions for him then. Their solution for him was that "If (he is) unable to locate vacant parking lots in car park no. [ insert carkpark no], (he is) required to park (his) vehicle in the nearby carparks ... and display the relevant parking coupons."

Then what is the use of my Dad paying the $65/month season parking ticket if there are insufficient lots for ticket holders like him and he needs to resort to parking at other places?

So does it mean that we need to come home by 7 pm every night because we get penalized for returning late?

Better get down to writing my 2nd appeal letter. Something that is a "piece of cake" for me. hahaha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home