Thursday, January 20, 2005

Infringing on my privacy!

At it again... My MSN nick at the moment. Doing compiling again. Small matter this time. Only seven pages, no drastic shortening required. Phew~

Been online since 8.30pm and I am still at Page 4! Too many distractions! Checking emails, viewing blogs, window shopping online blah blah blah.

Someone help me! It feels weird to be doing project on the 2nd week of school. Pui!

Anyway, Thursday today. My FREE day. Spent the morning attending some interview at Everest Associates (under Prudential) to be a "financial adviser" (aka insurance agent. So unglam.) I still haven't figured out from which recruitment agency the company got my resume from. How the hell did it end up in an insurance firm? I am so pissed.

Reached the company 10.30am and I was made to wait a whole half hour before the guys came in. Talk about sincerity! Typical of any insurance firm (or any other sales related industry), the two guys went on preaching about how great their company was, how closely knit everyone was, how you can earn big bucks easily etc etc etc. And all I could do was to nod, smile, nod. :(

I don't think I will get the job. I hope not. Fingers crossed. I seemed far too accommodating, far too "nice". Not that I am upset about it, but it suits me fine. I prefer to keep out of the limelight. Just give me a workstation and I would be willing to slog all day for you. Alone.

Took up a good one and a half hours of my time. Bloody hell.

Left for school for project discussion, supposedly for one hour 3-4pm. So drained. Managed to see him in school. He didn't see me. :(

As usual, I volunteered to do the compiling, yet again. How else could I contribute? I suck at PowerPoint. I am totally dead on creativity. Spare me. Stayed around till 5.40pm. Not bad, nearly three hours. My bus fare would have been more worth it. LOL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home